I’m just an ordinary human being, says Memey


Actress Suhaiza Suhaimi or Memey, who was caught for alleged khalwat (close proximity) with married actor Norman Hakim, made a surprise appearance in a live TV3 show yesterday after “disappearing” for two months.

During the Wanita Hari Ini programme, Memey looked at ease throughout, even when a caller made a caustic remark about her during the call-in session.

Memey and Norman are accused of committing khalwat at his office at 3am on Oct 30 last year during a raid by the Selangor Religious Department.

In an interview with The Star’s Malay news portal m-Star, Memey, 20, said she had to lie low after the widely-reported incident to prevent the situation from going out of hand.

She said she felt thoroughly guilty after Norman’s marriage crumbled and apologised to his wife Abby.

Memey said she had discussed the matter with Norman, whom she hoped would reconcile with Abby.

“I’m an ordinary human being. I realise that I made a mistake. It’s up to Abby to forgive me because I know that she’s still angry with me,” she said.

Abby was quoted in a report that she would not forgive Memey, saying she felt Memey was out to get cheap publicity.

Norman married Abby in 2002 after acting together in the hit police television show Gerak Khas. They have three children.

- The Star
Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url